Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Part 1 - To San Fran!

Alas, I have been busy and getting settled in that I haven't taken the time till now to update you guys! November third, Sunday, Dad and I went to the Portland airport and he dropped me off. The witnessing opportunities started as soon as I got into the airport. as I was going through the TSA checkpoint I began chatting with this gentleman standing next to me in line. He was hispanic I believe and into martial arts and so we talked a little about that and other things as well. It was a really neat experience and we got to our gate just about the time to board and so I said a few last things to encourage him and left him with a GLOW tract about the economy! It was a nice, quick flight to San Francisco and my mom and Cousin that lives in South San Fran picked me up. It was such a blessing to have the best deal I could find on a ticket be such that I would have a 22 layover overnight as well in San Fran and get to see my mom before heading to Thailand. She has been at Weimar taking the HEALTH program which trains people in how to be medial missionaries in their home town or overseas! I spent the night and got to visit with my mom a little bit and the next morning my cousin dropped me off at the airport on her way to work so I had several hours to wait for my flight to come in.

I found a bench to relax at for awhile and eat my breakfast. There was a lady a few seats down on the same bench when I got there and as I was sitting there and looking at the bag of food that my mom had brought for me from the Weimar Cafe, I started chatting with the lady and offered one of my granola bars and an orange. She would have taken it but had to get to her terminal soon. We chatted about several things and made friends with her. She shared that she was traveling to Germany for work. She was repacking her bags which she hadn't touched since her last trip. She gave me some hand sanitizer and some other stuff that she had doubles of in her baggage. We had an interesting conversation and towards the end I found out that she was going to give a lecture about devices used in the treatment of Cancer and that she was a professor at Stanford! I left her with a GLOW tract as she set off for her gate. I was thankful then that I had some quiet time to rest and write down the experiences that I had had already, but alas that was not to be! When you are in a public setting like this, especially traveling by public transportation you will naturally be closer to people and they often seem to be more receptive, probably because the Holy Spirit is softening the heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment