Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Part 2 - Sharing Truth

I went over to a different part of the terminal and finally found a place to plug in my computer and charge it so I could work on writing everything down. Where I sat down they had desks that people could use with plugs behind them. There was an older lady sitting at the one next to me. I was setting my stuff up and not to be rude said hi. You could almost tell she was looking for someone to talk to. We are IN the time of the end, friends! People WILL be coming to us! We chatted for a little bit and the conversation somehow started turning toward spiritual topics and she appreciated that I did not reflect much of the youth of today and I began to share with her why and the importance of a proper understanding of truth. She asked questions from time to time and one of them was about the catholic church as she shared that it didn't seem christian. I told her about the beginning of the church with the story of Constantine and the transition from Pagan Rome to Papal Rome. She was very interested! I shared with her also about the French revolution and how they took down the leadership as a revolt against the overpowering power of the church uniting with the state. Also how the atheistic thought process of the Enlightenment era had led to this.

I told her how the french revolutionists tried to create a 10 day week but how it utterly failed because God created the week a perfect length with a perfect day of rest. In passing I mentioned that only one of the ten commandments began with the word Remember! I asked her if she remembered which one it was but she couldn't. I told her to look it up later and she said she would. I shared with her that with the way things are happening in this world time is very short and Jesus is coming very soon! She could see the truthfulness of what I said and was listening! As I was sharing all this with her I realized that much of what I was sharing was the skeleton of the Great Controversy! I got her one of those GLOW tracts about the economy and showed her on the back where it showed the GC. I told her about the Great Controversy and how it actually covered much of what I shared more in depth and covered much more as well and of the blessing it had been to me. It was getting close to time for me to check my checked baggage in, so in finishing up my conversation with her, I remembered that I had a little booklet with me called "Alone With God", So I left it with her and had a prayer with her before heading to the checkin. after checking in I walked back by but she was gone. She was nowhere around the area we were at earlier. God says, 'If ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me!' Perhaps she was an angel but most likely just one of God's children put there at just the right time to see the beauty of following Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment