Thursday, November 28, 2013

Long leg of the trip - Nov. 4

Later that morning I hopped on the plane, ready to leave the country. Farewell to the United States of America! I'll speed things up now, hopefully, so I can catch up to where I am now! When boarding in San Fran there was a group of young men all in blue. I started talking with them and found out they were a group of Hispanic Christians from Spain, I think and they were on their way to do some mission work somewhere in Asia. It was really cool to run into some other missionaries like that! We were on the same flight so I saw them off and on all the way to Singapore. I got an amazing picture flying over the Golden gate on the way out! This was probably the longest stretch of the trip. Roughly 20 hours over the Pacific ocean! It was really weird because we were moving almost with the sun, so the day streeeetched out and the night finally caught up to us a few  hours out of Korea. There was a short layover in Seoul, South Korea in the middle of the night where we basically just got off the plane and then back on. From there it was a few hours to Singapore. We got in at about 1 or so and my next flight wasn't till 8 so I found a somewhat quiet corner and curled up to sleep for a few hours. I was awakened by the airport security, I guess just to make sure I wasn't a homeless person trying to blend in as a traveller. I was able to get some good sleep though and felt a bit more rested when I awoke. I went exploring for breakfast and found a good vegetarian Indian food place which had some awesome, spicy Samosas! Once done there I headed for my terminal. On to Thailand at last! It was clear as we cruised over Thailand headed straight for Chiang Mai! We got in after a few hours and Mr. Rawlings picked me up at the airport. He had to do a shopping trip so I got a pretty good tour of most of Chiang Mai. The Rawlings just got back to Thailand probably a week before I got here. We stopped at a really good vegetarian restaurant and had some lunch. Boy was it delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment