Thursday, July 18, 2013

Angel on my doorstep - July 16


I was just dropped off in a cul de sac and was going to my send door. It was weird because there were two girls also going door to door with candy and such, and as I went to my third door some of the kids standing in front of the garage said their mom was inside but asked why there were so many people going door to door which I told them I didn't know why those other kids were there at the same time. I went to the door and began canvassing the mom (Rachel) when she came to the door. She was very nice and open and she had a cross necklace on so I asked if she was Christian and I told her that I was too. She began opening up more and we talked a little bit while I showed her the cookbook as well as Peace Above the Storm. She really liked that one and so I upsold her with Man of Peace as well, which is Desire of Ages, as part of the Peace set. She was excited and said she worked as a waiter and might have enough to get them all! When she came back she was excited that she did have enough! I mentioned to her about the girls going door to door and she said she hadn't seen them, she said it must have been for a reason. I agreed with her and told her we call these Divine Appointments! I surveyed her and she was interested in the drop-off Bible Studies! I asked if there was anything we could keep in prayer for them and she said 'Family and Health' so before I left I had a prayer with her and she was so thankful! As I was getting ready to leave the last few words the she said that really stuck in my head were when she said I was like "an angel on her doorstep!"

Here she is, happily with her books!

2 comments:

  1. yay! that's a great story! :) keep posting! i'm having fun reading your stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...Jesse. You have some awesome experiences.

    ReplyDelete