Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Christian Grandma - July 7


My first Sunday canvassing here in Washington Youth Rush this year was crazy!!! It was a beautiful, sunny day. We were canvassing in Puyallup Washington and I had some amazing experiences. One of the first ones was an older lady and her husband that had just gotten home from church. Their van was in the garage and she hadn't gotten out of the car yet. I said hello and when she got out I started talking to her and canvassed her on some books. She was interested in one of them so she went in to talk to her husband and when she came back out she asked a little more and I shared more with her about some of the other books, but also shared more about myself and what I was doing. I could tell that what she was more interested in was what I was doing and helping me than getting the books. So I shared with her about planning to go to Thailand and many other things and she was very open and interested. She gave me a 5 dollar bill and said that's what they could help with but couldn't get any of the books. I made sure to leave a drop-down with them though, (a small copy of Steps to Christ), and for that she was very happy. Before leaving she actually offered to pray with me! It was SO encouraging!!! What a Christlike Christian she was! I also prayed for them and she was very grateful as well. Friends, be a blessing to those you run into that you will leave a favorable impression for good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment