Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weimar California Canvassing

I am currently here at Weimar Center of Health & Education working in their media department. Last Sunday I  got the chance to teach the basics of canvassing to a family from one of the nearby churches, and I was so pumped up afterwards I told myself I had to go out and do some canvassing. So I did!! I went out for probably an hour and a half just before sundown and canvassed a small gravel road and was able to get 2 books out, a cookbook, and several drop downs! I started talking to an older gentleman in his garage driveway and he turned out to be a catholic. I showed him quite a few of the books we had and he ended up deciding to get 'Seven Secrets' and 'Storytime'. and he said, "can I just give you a check for 40?" I said, "sure." He grabbed his checkbook then said, "ah, I'll just write 50." I ended up making 70 dollars that day. And I had recently been praying and worrying that I needed more money for gas to be able to keep going in college here, and the Lord led me out to get out there and just do it! So, the focus here isn't so much the money as the fact that the Lord wants to bless you when you get active and do your part. I also talked with a younger mom and showed her several of the books over her fence. She said she couldn't afford the cookbook so I told her she could get one of the smaller books for just 10 and she said she could help with that. So I waited and when she came back I had noticed a slight interest in 'Peace Above the Storm' so I pulled that one back out and told her a little about it then said we had another one that was quite similar and I pulled out 'Man of Peace' (Desire of Ages) and began to share about it and in the end she was so excited to get 'Man of Peace' and said she would be reading it. It is always exciting to share these books that expound the plan of salvation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment