Thursday, February 28, 2013

Note from a friend

Here is an encouraging note I recently received from a family I trained on the basics of canvassing a few weeks ago. Life is fun and interesting when you just step out and do stuff your not sure you can do. Challenge yourself! Honestly, I'm not the best teacher, but when I see a need or someone that wants the help, I can't help but step out and do it!

Hello Jesse,Hope all is well.Just wanted to let you know that the children went out for a couple of hours today to do their canvassing. They did well. I had thought of some other questions the neighbors may ask and was able to try to role play those this morning, but it was a learning experience and they still encountered some questionw will help them be more prepared the next time out.They were able to present 3 books and was successful mostly with the cookbook and had one obtain a Storytime. Others just gave donations.The kids were so excited and nervous all at the same time.They are ready to go again.
Thank you for jump-starting our new venture. We appreciated the time you spent with us, it was well spent, and I must tell you that my children said that your training was very helpful. 
Have a good week.

I hope those of you reading this will take the chance to step out and do something different and bold in this new year and almost new month as time is short! It's making those memories and experiences that make life rich and interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment